Brussels Sprouts get such a bad rap. Mostly because of the way they are usually prepared and overcooked.
They taste amazing when they are oven roasted until the edges of the leaves become crispy and they are just tender on the inside.
|Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Dried Cranberries, Walnuts and Gorgonzola|
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, de-stemmed and halved
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ red onion cut in thin slices
- ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts and onions in the olive oil, maple syrup and vinegar, season with some salt and pepper and then place them in a cast iron or ovenproof pan.
- Place the pan in the oven on the upper half of the oven for 25 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- While the vegetables are roasting, soak the dried cranberries in just enough cold water to cover them. Drain off the water after 20 minutes.
- After the onions and sprouts have been roasting for 25 minutes, remove them from the oven and sprinkle on the nuts and cranberries and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle with blue cheese and serve.